My Top Ten Rules of Success
by Donald J. Trump
If you've heard me speak, you may have noticed I emphasize several things repeatedly - never give up is one, being passionate is another, keeping focused is up there, and keeping your momentum runs a close fourth. I've learned those things from experience.
Here's the complete top 10 list I give when I speak at colleges:
1. Never give up! Do not settle for remaining in your comfort zone. Remaining complacent is a good way to get nowhere.
2. Be passionate! If you love what you're doing, it will never seem like work.
3. Be focused!Ask yourself: What should I be thinking about right now? Shut out interference. In this age of multitasking, this is a valuable technique to acquire.
4. Keep your momentum! Listen, apply and move forward. Do not procrastinate.
5. See yourself as victorious! That will focus you in the right direction.
6. Be tenacious! Being stubborn can work wonders.
7. Be lucky! The old saying, "The harder I work, the luckier I get" is absolutely right on.
8. Believe in yourself! If you don't, no one else will either. Think of yourself as a one-man or one-woman army.
9. Ask yourself: What am I pretending not to see? There may be some great opportunities right around you, even if things aren't looking so great. Great adversity can turn into great victory.
10. Look at the solution, not the problem. And never give up! Never never never give up. This thought deserves to be said (and remembered and applied) many times. It's that important.